Wedding season number ELEVEN is a wrap!
We kicked off wedding season with our first wedding
of the year in February… A destination wedding in Jamaica – talk about fun! After the first wedding of the year, we were back in Chicagoland photographing a snowy wedding day
less than two weeks later. From there, wedding season was in full swing!
Throughout spring and summer, we had the month of April off from weddings and were back at it June from through August. As summer turned into fall, we had another stretch of many wedding days and lots of photo & video wedding days. In the winter, we had two December wedding days & one November wedding
day that felt like winter – complete with 6 inches of unexpected snow!
Just like last year, one of my favorite parts of this year was getting to serve our couples on their wedding days with both photo & video. It’s a joy to serve our couples as a married couple alongside my husband!
2022 Wedding Season Superlatives
- Kendall & Noah – Coldest wedding of the year… 20 degrees with an even lower windchill… Six inches of snow… On November 12th… In southern Illinois… Would do it again in a heartbeat!
- Kristopher & Marisa – The most family members and friends at a wedding – this wedding was Kyle’s twin brother’s wedding!
- Annie & Virgil – The most bourbon at a wedding, in bourbon country Louisville, of course!
- Ben & Michael – Cutest flower girl (their puppy, Chloe) and the best wedding dinner of the year!
- Natalie & Colin – The most supportive wedding party with their siblings and BFF’s; this group with a blast to spend the day with!
- Jess & Dmarte – Most adaptable couple ever… These two were thrown some curveballs the week & day-of their wedding, and they ahd the most kind, grateful hearts and embraced the day. Still so touching to me to this day!
- Kenzie & Ross – Furthest we traveled (to Jamaica!) for a wedding this year & the coolest ceremony spot at an over-the-water chapel. Heart eyes!
- Andrea & Zach – Most laid-back couple of the year. I cannot even count the laughs and fun we had on their wedding day!
- Jen & Tom – Closest wedding (25 miles away in Frankfort, IL) this year and most fun-loving couple!
- Diana & Osmund – The biggest party of the year! We’ll never forget the fun & celebration at their reception.
And to wrap up this wedding recap blog post, let’s have fun with some wedding season stats!
- 20 weddings and 13 engagement sessions this wedding season – that’s 20 couples that I got to hug first & congratulate at the end of the aisle!
- Three out-of-state weddings and one international wedding with most of our weddings taking place in Chicagoland
- Photographed my first associate wedding for a dear friend, Lauren
- New couples were referred to us the most by our past couples, and we love that!
- Getting to see past & future #karaevanscouples at these couple’s wedding days (my heart!) – Kristopher & Marisa, Bre & Sean, Kylie & Noah, and Sarah & Jon
- Our most worked with names this year were Ashley, Andrea, Noah, John/Jon, and Chris/Kristopher
- I lost track of how many dresses I buttoned up and bustled
- One thing I can’t quantify is the joy that all twenty couples brought to our days this year
The end of 2022 marked seven years since taking Kara Evans Photographer full-time, and the start of 2023 marks the start of our 12th wedding season. I’ve always believed in this business and the love stories behind it. I’m reminded with each wedding day and couple that documenting love stories and cheering couples on as they begin their marriages is an honor.
Cheers to the 2023 wedding season ahead!
P.S. – Wanna see more wedding photos? Click here!