Happy new year from Kara Evans Photographer!
Wow, 2023 is here! The month of December flew by between tons of family time, the holidays, and ringing in the new year. At the start of this new month and new year, I’m back on the blog to share a little recap of what’s been happening in our life and business over the past month. Let’s catch up!
Here are some highlights from our month of December:
- Photographing two December wedding days
- Spending a weekend with our nephews and bringing the boys to “Uncle Kyle’s church” – the best time spent together!
- Photographing holiday mini sessions & seven next chapter sessions at the studio
- Having our annual holiday baking day with the ladies and kiddos in my family, yum!
- Taking a morning to go to our niece Sofia’s holiday performance at school
- Eating pasta and catching up with my girlfriends before Christmas
- Enjoying dinners and doing life with our friends, Joe and Michaela
- Celebrating a milestone in business – December 18th marked seven years since becoming a full-time photographer!
- Watching Christmas movies almost every evening with Kyle
- Taking time off to enjoy Christmas with family
- Celebrating our nephew Cooper’s fifth birthday with a day of fun; complete with dinner snuggles where he fell asleep on my lap – turning five is hard work!
- Rounding out first full year at our natural light photography studio, Studio 388
- Wrapping up our 2022 shooting season (sessions) a few days before Christmas and wrapping up our 2022 wedding season on NYE
Looking ahead at the month of January, I’ll photograph a handful of next chapter sessions and dive into winter business housekeeping but am also thankful to be taking a couple weeks off for a long awaited trip to Mexico and our annual ski trip with friends!
Happy, happy new year! Cheers to 2023 and many blessings ahead!