That’s a wrap on wedding season number twelve!
Wow, as I type that out, countless memories throughout the past twelve wedding seasons flood my mind… I’ve photographed so many (almost 250!) wedding days, and each couple holds a special place in my heart. What a joy to walk alongside these couples throughout their engagements and wedding days with my camera in hand!
Like every year, I’m back with the weddings of 2023 recap blog post. We kicked off the 2023 wedding season with our first wedding of the year in February… A destination wedding in Tulum! After the first wedding of the year, we were back in the midwest photographing a winter wedding day just a week later. From there, wedding season was in full swing!
Wedding days this year spanned the seasons and took place from downtown Chicago and old warehouses to the beach, barns, and backyards. Each wedding was unique, and you know we cherish that around here.
Here are some stats from the 2023 wedding season:
- Photographing fifteen wedding days this wedding season – that’s fifteen couples that I got to hug first & congratulate at the end of the aisle!
- Traveling for one international destination wedding in Tulum and one mini-destination wedding in Michigan City
- Celebr two couples on their intimate wedding days in Kankakee County
- Getting to plan and photograph seven engagement sessions throughout Chicagoland and at the studio
- Photographing five anniversary sessions with past couples… You know I love anniversary sessions so very much!
- Welcoming so many past couples to the studio for family sessions as each family’s legacy grows
Just a few weeks after our last wedding of the year, I celebrated eight years since taking Kara Evans Photographer full-time. I’ve always believed in this business and the love stories behind it. Those love stories are what inspire me and show me such beauty in front of my camera. Those love stories are the beginning of it all, and I love documenting the start of a family’s legacy.
And that’s the weddings of 2023 recap – cheers to these beautiful couples and memories throughout the 2023 wedding season!