Wedding season number TEN is a wrap!
Our 2021 wedding season was a wedding season like no other! Coming out of the 2020 wedding rollercoaster that the wedding industry rode, 2021 was bound to be a busy year, and it was just that… Our busiest year yet with 29 weddings – 12 of which were both photo & video wedding days!
We started the year with our first wedding in January, two days into the new year. It’s funny because I recently photographed that very couple for their anniversary photos, and we all agreed that it feels like their special day was much longer ago! Time flies! After the first wedding of the year, we had a break in weddings until mid-April when things really started to kick off.
Through the late spring and summer, we had an 11 wedding stretch with back-to-back wedding days and 3 double-header wedding weekends. Talk about being tired (with happy hearts and full memory cards) after all of those wedding days! As summer turned into fall, we had another stretch of many wedding days and lots of photo & video wedding days. One of my favorite parts of this year was getting to serve our couples (and more couples!) in the capacity of both photo & video. I truly enjoy stepping into those roles on wedding days with Kyle by my side. It’s pretty sweet!
By the middle of December, our wedding season wrapped up with a chilly winter wedding day. I sometimes take for granted living in Chicagoland and getting to experience all the seasons. This past wedding season truly reminded me of that beauty as we photographed weddings throughout winter, spring, summer, and fall!
To wrap up this wedding recap blog post, let’s have some fun! Below I’m sharing a handful of wedding superlatives & highlights from our wedding season!
- Holly & Kolton – coldest wedding of the year featuring the most perfect ice AND snowy scenery!
- Taylor & Karl – most supportive and all-in wedding party we photographed all year
- Michelle & Derek – best late-night snack at the McDonald’s campus
- Marybeth & Ryan – the most heartfelt & thoughtful toasts from siblings (cue me crying behind the camera)
- Antonia & John – the sweetest dove release at their first married kiss!
- Maggie & Alex – hottest temperature wedding day of the year (91 degrees with a real feel of 100) & coolest traditional Chinese dinner!
- Jillian & Ryan – most packed dance floor (filled with all ages) all night long!
- Jessica & Mike – cutest pup of honor & best wedding taco bar we’ve ever seen complete with the biggest bowl of guac
- Julie & Paul – coolest first dance with an open-air rooftop reception
- Catherine & Garrett – our first-ever brewery wedding (a huge hit!)
- Maria Paula & Mauricio – furthest we traveled (Bogotá, Colombia) for a wedding this year & the most flowers at a wedding that we photographed this year!
In 2021, we documented 29 wedding days. This past wedding season challenged us in many ways, but we got to share it with the most amazing couples and their loved ones. Each of these couples holds a special place in our hearts – we love doing life with these people through our work and with our cameras in hand. Now, we’re recharging our batteries before the 2022 wedding season kicks off in February.
Cheers to celebrating marriage and serving many uniquely amazing couples in 2022!