January 17, 2017
This year – 2017 – is the perfect time to get my organization on point!
During the first week of the new year, I went to Target and bought a planner… As soon as I got home, I started to realize that – for me – a planner with many features is what I need. No, I didn’t “need” to buy a more expensive planner just to buy one, but I needed to recognize that I wouldn’t be helping myself with a simple planner with blank days. As a creative and small business owner, organization can be a really hard thing to get a grip with because well, you have to simply figure out what works for YOU through trial and error sometimes!
So, I researched high and low and asked other photographer + entrepreneur friends about what they liked. It felt like I spent hours researching, not quite finding what I LOVED, and then I stumbled across The Day Designer. Of course, I was immediately drawn to the Flagship Collection and the planner in “Painterly Plaid”… So perfect for my branding! Yay!
As soon as I received this planner in the mail (hello gorgeous packaging!), I was in love once again. The chic look of this planner paired with all of it’s features make it simply perfection. This daily planner is helping keep me organized in the best way plus it can be adapted for so many types of people + goals! I do want to note that I keep my monthly social media + blog planning calendar separate from this planner because it’s what “works” for my current workflow. This isn’t to say you couldn’t use The Day Designer to plan your social media marketing as an entrepreneur or creative!
Here are my favorite features…
1) The Name – Okay, not technically a “feature” BUT the name of this planner has me rethinking the very way I look at each day from an organizational perspective!
2) Daily Top 3 – So I can always direct my focus at the start of the day.
3) To Do List – Bye, bye 1000 sticky notes covering my desk!
4) Daily Gratitude – It’s so easy to forget about what we are simply grateful for each day.
5) Daily Hours – Each day is listed out hourly from 5am to 9pm, and it’s perfect for this photog with client consults, sessions, and MORE!
Goodness, I never knew I could feel so excited and motivated by a daily planner! And if you’re in love like me, click here to purchase one for yourself, too! I cannot tell you how much I LOVE this planner so far, and the year is young!