February 23, 2017
At the end of January, I finished my first personal development book of the year – The Best Yes by Lisa TerKeurst. And I have to share!
I’m plugged into an amazing friendship with a couple local photographers (Holly + Karen), so we gathered after reading this book to talk about our biggest takeaways. Let me just say, all of us ladies pulled so many valuable pieces of information and “life stuff” from this book. Plus, it taught me how to be an even greater Godly wife + businesswoman.
Without giving too many details of the book, Lysa explains that women are inflicted with a universal condition – the disease to please – and builds the foundation of the book off of this notion. This very first eye-opener was HUGE for me and made me want to read more! The book focuses on finding ways to say yes (your Godly best yes) instead of saying yes to everything. When you fall prey to the “disease to please” and say yes to everything, you drain yourself of your best yes.
My biggest takeaways from the book are…
1) I will be a God-fearing woman through seeing the hand of God in everything I do – even the mundane and difficult decisions.
2) I must evaluate my personal + business decisions based on how each decision could fit physically, financially, spiritually, and emotionally.
3) “Whatever attitude we bring into a situation will be multiplied.”
4) Today’s choices equal tomorrow’s circumstances.
5) I cannot let fear strangle the momentum of my decisions + my story.
6) “When I tell someone no, I visualize my family and see myself saying yes to them.”
7) Wisdom + trust in God will lead me to my “best yes” decisions.
I truly cannot express how much this book spoke to me as a young wife + business owner. Here’s to growing in this journey and focusing on finding my “best yes” through the process!