Friends, I completely understand that it can be a little intimidating for some to be photographed at their engagement session, but I’m here to reassure you that taking a little time to prep for your session will make all of the difference in the world!
Here are a few tips on preparing for your engagement session…
1) Don’t try to match – simply coordinate your outfits instead!
2) I recommend planning 2 outfits. It works well to plan for one casual/everyday outfit or one in-between outfit and then one outfit that is dressier! I usually recommend starting with the dressy outfit. Two outfits truly (I definitely preach it from experience!)gives the most variety in your engagement photos!
3) Empty your pockets! You don’t want to have key chains or phones showing through your pockets. (This is for the guys especially!)
4) Feel free to check out my Pinterest inspiration boards (@karaevansphotog) for more outfit inspiration if you’re having trouble!
5) Relax! You don’t have to be a pro at this! Your photographer (oh hi!) will help you along the way! Enjoy this time together and make a date out of it… I totally recommend that you plan for dinner after your session!
P.S. – Want more wedding planning advice + encouragement? Read more here!