Happy April! I have to say that I’ve been loving more sunshine and the warmer days we’ve been having. Kyle and I have been dreaming of our spring garden and enjoying so many walks with our pups in this lovely weather.
Looking back, the past month of March was good to us and allowed us extra time to relax and recharge before wedding season really kicks off in the next couple of weeks. Here are some highlights from our last month!
- Hosting the first Kankakee County Creatives gathering with local small business owners
- Visiting a plant store I’ve been excited about and adding new plant babies to our home
- Spending quality time with our niece Pix
- Enjoying a Sunday Funday with Kyle and his coworkers at the brewery
- Having a fun baking day all about pies and sweet treats with my Grandma
- Helping my nephews at a gymnastics class (what a workout!)
- Cheering on two new 1:1 mentoring clients in their small businesses
- Unplugging with some of my favorite creative gal pals for a few days
- Visiting my college roommate and spending the most amazing quality time together
- Spending a couple of days off work with my niece and the puppies
- Starting to see the signs of spring in the trees, grass, and flowers
Looking ahead, the month of April marks photographing two wedding days and several spring sessions and really diving into wedding season! On a more personal note, we’re looking forward to planting our garden at the end of April and to spending more quality time outside. We built (when I say “we” I really mean Kyle, lol!) a pergola, enclosed the bottom of the deck, and painted our deck last summer… It was a huge project and labor of love, but by the end of the summer, we were enjoying it so very much – from the twinkly lights to dinners + drinks outside to enjoying fires together… It’s what we’ve been looking forward to most with the warmer weather coming our way!
Happy, happy April, my friends! I hope you enjoy all the sunshine and signs of SPRING this month! Wish us luck as we really kick off wedding season, too!