Hello to my favorite month of June!
Each month, I love sharing a recap of the last month on both a personal and professional note here on the blog. It’s fun to reflect back on the past month (I often find myself smiling as I write these posts!) and share those notes here on the blog.
Here are some highlights from our month of May:
- Starting the month off by celebrating Georgie’s birthday
- Spending an evening with our nephews before their new baby brother arrived later in the month!
- Planting our garden – we’re so excited about all the tomatoes, cucs, zucchinis, peppers, herbs, and so much more that’s growing!
- Making many trips to the local greenhouses *see above, lol!
- Going to a local favorite, Flight 102, for an evening out with my sister
- Enjoying a Mother’s Day well spent with family
- Celebrating my mom’s birthday the best way we know how – by baking & surprising her with her favorite ooey gooey butter cake!
- Having a girls day and taking a trip to IKEA with my bestie, Autumn
- Documenting two wedding days with both photo & video
- Going to the Shelby Spring Fling in Brown County, Indiana with my mom, dad, and Kyle – my parents have taken me since I was a kid and this trip was hopefully the first Shelby Spring Fling of many in the future for Kyle!
- Spending lots of time at the studio photographing family sessions
- Hosting our monthly coworking date & first ever headshot exchange with our community of local small business owners, the Kankakee County Creatives!
- Celebrating the end of the school year with our niece, Sofia
- Doing my first few bike bootcamps on the Peloton!
- Meeting our newest nephew – now we’re Auntie Kara and Uncle Kyle x5 and love that so much!
- Having our first pool day of the summer on Memorial Day
- Rounding out the month of May with a couple of busy work days before Kyle and I take a few days off for weekend getaways!
Looking ahead, June brings our wedding anniversary and the start of summer, so how I could I not love this month?! Sending my love for a wonderful month of June for you and yours. Until next month!